Aloha Friends. Welcome to part 2 of 2. Trumpified.
There are many strong and energy-filled conservatives and Republicans in Hawaii. Thank you.
Writing to conservatives and Republicans, mostly in Hawaii, I email rather than blog because this is a (quasi-) private discussion. These reports chronicle HRP’s story. My perspective is that of conservative, former State Party Chairman and RNC member. I am not here writing for any of my current conservative organizations, nationally or in Hawaii. Hawaii conservatives need to know that they are not alone. Please forward this to conservatives or let me know to be removed.
– August 28 HRA Annual Meeting, Kokohead Range http://www.hawaiirifleassociation.org/
Readers’ Comments – Quick Hits – HRP & Campaigns
–I don’t necessarily agree with ALL our readers. “Walden is biased in this and is incapable of making a fair and impartial decision.“ “the HRP is offering No real anything.“ “we are aware what we have with Beth using HRP for her own gains. . . wouldn’t trust her with anything.“ From NV “The real problem is the dominance inside the GOP of RINOs like Miriam Hellreich, who have squandered more than one chance to strengthen the HRP by pushing Conservative values within the party and recruiting Conservative candidates. They prefer to play the middle, which turns into Dem Lite.“ “(Djou) Helped reveal” massive cost overruns? Is he serious? That’s rich claiming credit for that. The media was already talking about this for years now. Al Gore invented the Internet too I suppose.“ “Want to help Charles? Just let all your Democrat friends know he hates Trump.“ About Rohlfing email appeal “Since when is HRP going to do any GOTV?? People have already been voting for a week. What a douche!“
–Independence Day. Reader “Fritz sent out an email with the Declaration of Independence and the HRP LLIFE non-platform on the same page. How embarrassing.” “Djou writes a touching story of a 1LT who gets hit in combat, then shows a photo of ….. Djou.
-State of the Hawaii Republican Party. Reader “I can’t do it. I have the absentee ballot all bubbled in for Republican Party, signed, and sealed in the envelopes but they’re still sitting in my car for several days now. I haven’t worked up the nerve to actually drop it in a mailbox.“
– With HQ phone bank inactivated and unfunded, televisions removed, and an overpriced Saiki copier, HQ is a daycare center for paid staff.
– State of our fledgling candidates CB/State Republicans Suck at Fundraising Djou raises $233k, and Caldwell has 1.3M CoH. Scroll down to see R legislators’ fund raising woes at the bottom of the list.
– Rail shadow over 2016 HIRA: Shall Oahu Voters Demand Another Vote On Rail? SA OpEd: “[The FTA] knew very early on that city officials were neither competent nor honest.“
– McDermott‘s ACU 57 lifetime rating = liberal Republican, and ACU is the easiest rating.
– CB on Fukumoto “Fukumoto Chang isn’t ruling out the possibility that she’ll eventually become a Democrat herself, but said that’s not a move she’d make immediately after getting re-elected.“
– SA “Thielen’s liberal streak is well known.”
– Confirmation: HRP Candidate info omits Pine as R candidate.
– Ertl, about the Republican establishment “When an organization’s corruption is exposed and trust is lost, it is difficult for them to recover loyalty.“ HIRA exposed HRP under Rohlfing, Hellreich, Liu, Saiki.
– With instructions to pick up national convention materials at GOP HQ, feckless Trump ‘leader’ Wharton warns “The door is locked at headquarters so knock hard or call first.“
– Trump leader on being dismissed by Paikai as a delegate to Cleveland “Nathan prophesied against him (no, really) by saying God told him “he is not to go to Cleveland.”“
– No effort, messaging, voter ID, phone calls, mail, email, nor recruiting for Trump Hawaii the past month, including the valuable time of Trump’s nominating convention.
– RNC tell the Rs from real Rs, or fake Rs from the Ds. Redstate/RNC Slams Trump
– Dems caught showing disrespect to our flag GOPUSA/No Flags on Dem Stage, the Hawaii R delegation went through their entire first meeting with the flag on the wrong side of the podium.
– ACU releases 2015 Hawaii Legislator ratings. 2015 Hawaii Legislative Ratings. 2016 coming.
– Make a difference using the NRA-ILA action tracker. NRA Legislative Action Tracker
– RNC list of 100+ Trump bundlers by state, not a one in Hawaii. Paikai? Hellreich? Ward? Bueller?
– Not news. “News Alert: FBI recommends no charges against Clinton“